Sunday, March 18, 2012

Review: Lush sweet lips lip scrub.

 

Yesterday, I found myself in the delicious-smelling Lush store, and I found this little gem. A lip scrub is something I need to use regularly as a busy brass musician, and I've used my fair share of different ones.
The product is a sugar scrub called Sweet Lips. It has a lovely vanilla/chocolate scent/flavour and it smells divine.

My lips were quite dehydrated, as you can see. My natural fullness means that if I leave them to dry out, they get an more uneven appearance around the cupid's bow.

I used just a tiny amount of sugar scrub (because really, even the largest of orbicularis oris really aren't going to require a lot of product, and a scrub generally goes a long way as you move it around). The first thing I noticed about the scrub was that although the grains of sugar are quite rough, it didn't feel as though I was ripping away layers of skin. As a scrub it's really quite gentle and only left me feeling fresh, with a slight tingle after a good couple-of-minute scrubbing, using just my fingertips which I had run under the tap for a second just to wet them.

Rinsing away with cold water, I could instantly feel the difference in my lips. They were plumper, more hydrated and smoother, as you can see in the "after" picture here.

All in all, I really liked this lip scrub from Lush, and it's one I'll replace over and over.



After Lush sweet lips scrub

Before Lush sweet lips scrub.