Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review: NYX Doll Eye mascara

 When i needed a new mascara recently, i decided to try something new, and NYX doll eye mascara caught my eye in the store.
It comes in 3 different styles; long lash, volumizing, and waterproof. A blend of natural oils, vitamin E and nylon fibres, combined with the uniquely-shaped hourglass brush makes for long, luscious lashes in the darkest black.
The product is smooth and doesn't seem to be prone to clumping, goes on easily and separates, defines and lengthens very nicely (I bought the long lash version).
The brush shape is quite effective for reaching both the inner and outer corners, with longer bristles on the ends and shorter in the middle.
The mascara makes a very welcome addition to my makeup bag, alongside my favourite volumizing mascaras. I may even layer them together, using the lengthening mascara first, then a volumizing one over  the top for a double dose of luxury on my lashes.

At the same time as i purchased the mascara, i bought some gorgeous little nyx pigment pots in a pearlescent pink and a dark charcoal. I've used them to put together the look below, and will undoubtedly film a tutorial for you soon, using the new things that i picked up.